Thursday, May 21, 2015

Adjusting to the Room

Shared from Zite

A standout paragraph:


Here are some keys to this for a presenter that are almost in contradiction.  First of all, to be able to "go with the room", you have to know your content area in a very deep manner and be able to push learning on the fly, but on the opposite end of the spectrum, you also have to be comfortable with not knowing everything and learning from the room.  As a teacher, if you want to truly create a "learning community", you have to create opportunities for others to learn from others, not only the teacher.



Tosha Caston-Smith shared with you:

 

Adjusting to the Room

georgecouros.ca - (I was asked about the thinking behind how I design my workshops so I thought I would just write it down for others to see a process.)

As someone who does a lot of professional workshops, I am often asked for an agenda ahead of time. Although I do have some objectives in my mind of where the group could go, I usually send a rough itinerary to the organizer on a google document. The reason I share it specifically on a google document is because I know that I won't be sticking with it, whether it is the time or the activities. How could I organize the learning for the day for a group without actually meeting the group?

Zite logo

Available on the App Store.



Sent from Tosha Caston-Smith's iPad
See my site: http://bit.ly/sphstcs

No comments:

Post a Comment